The Smartest Girl In The Room (The New Pioneers series #1) Review

A brilliant novel that would make you rethink the chick-lit genre… in a good way! 5 stars!!! Hotness factor: PG-13 (you're safe) Ninetee...




A brilliant novel that would make you rethink the chick-lit genre… in a good way!

5 stars!!!

Hotness factor: PG-13 (you're safe)

Nineteen year old Emily wants her college diploma fast, and she's going to get it. When the perfect night with perfect Mitch leads her to a broken heart, Emily is blind to her vulnerability. When the person she cares about the most is hurt as a result, Emily's ambition gives way to more than a little ruthlessness. She's going to use her smarts to take care of herself and protect the people she loves, and everyone else had better stay out of her way. But shouldn't the smartest girl everyone knows realize that the ones she'd cross the line for would do the same for her?

That blurb doesn’t even scratch the surface of all the things that happened in this wonderful book (great head rush!). And because I don’t want to scream spoiler alert, I’ll try to do the same. I haven’t been nineteen in over a decade and so being nineteen in the age of texting, a mobile, iPad…seems foreign to me. But Deborah captured the innocence and the “I don’t jack about life but I so think I do” feeling perfectly with Emily. I could see the red flags, she, Emily, missed. She, Emily, makes us respect her drive and purposes in life but not always understand them. That being said, Mitch even with all he’s done or has failed to do, stays my favorite’s character. I’m a sucker for good three dimensional male characters and Mitch is a fantastic example of it.
The Smartest Girl In The Room made me think about a time when everything was possible or at least I thought it was, my early twenties. It made me think about when I first met my best friends and how much they still mean to me decades later. It made me think about youthful mistakes, blossoming loves… Bottom line, it made you think.
And after all a chicklit that makes you think, how can it not be a wonderful thing read?

Related

The Smartest Girl in the Room 6137475978401999930

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Follow Us

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Danielle-Claude has read 15 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Hot This Week

Comments

Connect Us

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

LOVE BETWEEN THE SHEETS

Love between the sheets

My Family's Heart Book Reviews and Tours

GIRLS HEART BOOKS TOUR

http://www.girlsheartbookstours.com

Tasty Book tours Host

Tasty Book Tours

CLP TOURS

item