This morning I woke up dead Review

(Re-posting old reviews) You know what that they say the truth will set you free… So are you ready? Hadley Christensen isn't about to di...

(Re-posting old reviews)
You know what that they say the truth will set you free… So are you ready?
Hadley Christensen isn't about to die.  She is already dead. No one else knows but they are all dead too. And with those powerful three statements, Mindy Rae Larson got me hooked on her book.
I didn’t even need to have a love story or the love story of Dominic and Hadley to make it even more intriguing.  Or the more intriguing fact Mindy didn’t use regular, biblical names for her characters: Hadley, Dominic, Emerson, Logan, Ruby… yes I notice that.
However it wasn’t just about Hadley not being an Unknown (my new term of the week) anymore and exploring The Truth. There were a lot to learn about rules, Pre-Earth, Earth, abilities, realms… these alone could have filled a whole novel and I would have been more than content. Hadley was given the rare privilege to make contact from the other side, desperately hoping to convince Dominic of his true state and ensure they would be together once more.  But Dominic was crippled by grief and wasn’t very receptive, so for me, I thought that her actions were a bit selfish.
By the end of the book, so much has happened that I’m left wondering if being an Unknown isn’t better that knowing The Truth. But Mindy isn’t satisfied with making me want to keep my head buried in the sand for the next ten lifetimes. You would have to read the book to understand that statement!
You know what that they say the truth will set you free…
A thrilling and romantic story that puts you in the driver seat instead of passenger one (no pun intended), This Morning I Woke Up Dead is well on its way to become a cult classic of its genre.

Related

This morning I woke up dead 8907038158919526174

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Follow Us

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Danielle-Claude has read 15 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Hot This Week

Comments

Connect Us

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

LOVE BETWEEN THE SHEETS

Love between the sheets

My Family's Heart Book Reviews and Tours

GIRLS HEART BOOKS TOUR

http://www.girlsheartbookstours.com

Tasty Book tours Host

Tasty Book Tours

CLP TOURS

item