What does Author Brandy L Rivers want us to know about her?

The rules are simple. I gave my authors 20 questions but the only have to answer 10 to 15 of them. Let`s see what the lovely Brandy chose.....



The rules are simple. I gave my authors 20 questions but the only have to answer 10 to 15 of them. Let`s see what the lovely Brandy chose...

Describe yourself in five words…
Tenacious, driven, motivated, imaginative, friendly

As a writer, what drives you?
The story and characters. I get an idea and the story just plays out in my head. As I edit, I tend to add more perspectives and detail. Diving into a characters head to figure out what makes them tick is always fun.

As a woman, what drives you?
People telling me I can’t do something or that I’ll fail. I’m great at turning that around. An old friend of mine looked at me like I was crazy when I told him I planned to publish a book, and told me, “Good luck with that. It’s hard to get into.” Yes, he was right about traditional, I eventually gave up on that and went indie, and I’m doing okay with my first two books. 

Can you tell us about The Others Of Edenton Series?
I love the Others of Edenton. Each story will be a different couple’s story, though I may go back to add to various stories. We’ll see how it works out. Edenton is a town in Washington (and totally made up) that is full of Others. You’ll find werewolves, vampires, mages, witches, druids, fae, and a ton of Others.

 You can get her second novel New Beginnings, prequel of In Too Deep at the following places:
 Amazon US 
 Amazon UK 
 B&N Nook 
 Smashwords 








Happy Ever After or Happy For Now? Why?
Real life isn’t Happy Ever After without work.. There are always challenges and things to work through. I don’t think it’s real to expect everything to be perfect for any couple or relationship forever. A think some couples can keep the HEA, but there may be some struggles.

How much of yourself is hidden in the characters in your books?
There are definitely little things of me in most of the characters.

(In your humble opinion) best and worst book to movie adaptations…
I notice too many differences, it’s so hard to compare a book to a movie. I can’t honestly say. I try to look at them as separate entities because I’ve been known to go off the deep end with comparisons.

Do you have specific techniques you use to develop the plot and stay on track?
Uh, no. I write the story, the go back and add stuff in as I edit and revise.

If you were a character in your book you would be…
Fallon. She always rises to the challenge and doesn't back down.

Fallon is the heroine of In Too Deep Brandy debut novel which I gave a 5 blazing stars review to:






Time for over and under… (In your humble opinion)famous overrated/underrated book?
Overrated - 50 Shades of Grey. Sorry Christian fans, I just don’t get the appeal.
Underrated – BDB series, not that it underrated but so many people won’t read paranormal and vampires and it’s just sooo good.

Overrated/underrated movie?
Overrated – Matrix 2 and 3. I loved the first, but the second two just didn’t hit me the same way.
Underrated – Salton Sea. Watch it and maybe you’ll understand.

Time for favourite: song, color, book, TV series, movie, food, drink
Song – it changes daily. At the moment, probably EdSheeran’s Give Me Love
Book – Again, this changes daily. Atm, probably Lover atLast by JR Ward
TV series – Battlestar Galactica (the new one) I really want it to come back.
Movie – The Salton Sea, seriously I love this movie
Food – Um, wow that I can’t answer. I love a lot of food.
Drink – this changes often too, currently I would say Caramel Sauce Mocha. (I might think of Brody from In Too Deep.)

How (or when) do you decide that you are finished writing a story?
When it’s done. I don’t know what else to say about that.

People are always asking me this so I’m paying it forward. Where does your inspiration come from?
I don’t know. Honesty, I just have stuff in my head so I write. Sometimes a song or something will inspire a scene, like one in particular in the next book ;)

What are you working on right now?
Shadows of the Past, the second book in Others of Edenton. It’s Hayden and Amethyst’s story and it’s going to be good.

If you could have a power or ability what would it be?
I have to pick just one? That’s hardly fair. I can’t pick just one.

You can find Brandy L Rivers on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, Amazon and her website.

This is the last day of her very generous GIVEAWAY win a signed copy of New Beginnings and In Too Deep. 

Related

werewolves 7850570775566059044

Post a Comment

  1. Great interview! And so nice to meet another BSG fan- best television show ever!

    ReplyDelete

emo-but-icon

Follow Us

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Danielle-Claude has read 15 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Hot This Week

Comments

Connect Us

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

LOVE BETWEEN THE SHEETS

Love between the sheets

My Family's Heart Book Reviews and Tours

GIRLS HEART BOOKS TOUR

http://www.girlsheartbookstours.com

Tasty Book tours Host

Tasty Book Tours

CLP TOURS

item