Netgalley Review: The Guy Story by Mary Ann Rivers

The Story Guy  by  Mary Ann Rivers I will meet you on Wednesdays at noon in Celebration Park. Kissing only. Carrie West is happy with her li...

The Story Guy

The Story Guy by Mary Ann Rivers


I will meet you on Wednesdays at noon in Celebration Park. Kissing only.
Carrie West is happy with her life . . . isn’t she? But when she sees this provocative online ad, the thirtysomething librarian can’t help but be tempted. After all, the photo of the anonymous poster is far too attractive to ignore. And when Wednesday finally arrives, it brings a first kiss that’s hotter than any she’s ever imagined. Brian Newburgh is an attorney, but there’s more to his life . . . that he won't share with Carrie. Determined to have more than just Wednesdays, Carrie embarks on a quest to learn Brian’s story, certain that he will be worth the cost. But is she ready to gamble her heart on a man who just might be The One . . . even though she has no idea how their love story will end?




My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sad, funny, sexy…
Hotness factor: It's centrifugal motion, It's perpetual bliss, It's that pivotal moment, It's, ah unthinkable, This kiss, this kiss – Faith Hill


I got a free copy in exchange for a review from Netgalley!

Good gracious me! This novella didn’t even feel like one. Then again, it was more than 100 pages so I am considering it to be a small novel. I absolutely loved this story.
Carrie, the narrator, seemed very strange to me at the beginning of the book. I didn’t understand her sadness or apparent depressive state. Was she just bored or jealous? I really didn’t care too much for her until she shared her Wednesday kiss with Brian. This was the best described kiss I’ve ever read, sensual, sexy, oh so steamy. Then Carrie came to life and so did I.
Without giving anything away, Brian has a secret or a very complicated life and his way for dealing with it could have gone in a totally different direction. The author could have made his need for control turn into some BDSM scenario, not judging’ just sayin’ with the current trends. But instead, she developed this genuine character, with his own flaws and quest for happiness. He made me care about Carrie, as she became a less self-absorb person around him.
I highly recommend this gem to anyone! Love it, love it, love it!


Related

The Guy Story 3522585137975960157

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Follow Us

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Danielle-Claude has read 15 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Hot This Week

Comments

Connect Us

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

LOVE BETWEEN THE SHEETS

Love between the sheets

My Family's Heart Book Reviews and Tours

GIRLS HEART BOOKS TOUR

http://www.girlsheartbookstours.com

Tasty Book tours Host

Tasty Book Tours

CLP TOURS

item